Super Easy Butternut Soup
A wintertime lunch that's all veggie goodness
1 large butternut squash
1 tin coconut milk
Fresh or powdered garlic
Salt + Pepper
Half an onion or a chunk of leek
Half a large potato
Makes 3-4 lunches
Peel and slice your squash
Scoop out the seeds (we'll save these for later as they make for a great snack)
Chop the slices into roughly 3cm chunks and pop onto a baking tray
Add a good glug of olive oil, followed by a sprinkle of garlic and smoked paprika and then massage into the chunks to make sure everybody's coated nicely.
Pop into the oven to bake on 200º for around 30mins
Next you want to get out your soup maker, blender or large saucepan depending on how you usually blitz things. I was given a Morphy Richards soup maker that used to be my Nan's which although is quite expensive (but also currently 50% off!) is SO worth it I can't even explain. You can even make hummus in this thing.
6. Now your squash is nicely roasted, but still soft, add it to your container of choice
7. Make up half a pint of vegetable stock and add this in too, followed by three quarters of a tin of coconut milk
8. For bulk and flavour I also add a small amount of potato and something oniony, about 3-4 inches of leek is best if you have some
9. Add your final seasoning: salt, pepper, plus a bit more garlic and smoked paprika
10. Blitz! In the soup maker you literally just press the button and let it do its thing for 22 mins.
Want to the see process in action? Head to Insta for a 30 second guide!